You need to keep yourself in pace with technology, especially when you have new features along with the new handsets and new applications. The trouble rises even more when you are hosting a website that deals with the technology of mobile phones. Let’s say you have a website where you update the new phones and their features, and new applications. But there are thousands of them on the World Wide Web. So what do you need to do differently to always have a good traffic on your page? Especially when you are hosting downloads on your page. How to make things easy for your users so that they visit your page again for further applications and download? Here’s how.
There is however one thing that you need to ensure that will make your viewers visit your download page and download the applications that you designed and host on the website.
1. Make sure you have an ample amount of screenshots on your website, because if there is anything the viewers are interested in, it is how this app works, and adding screenshots are an easy way to demonstrate it.
2. Add videos of the working. This is the second thing that viewers look for in a website once they have been through the screenshots; that is to exactly know and see how the application works and see it in a buffered video.
3. Add app store badges beside the phones you demonstrate. Because these links quickly redirect you to the related download page.
4. Always provide a little extra detail on the website. It won’t do any harm to add a little more text to the screenshots and videos you added. It is not possible to show each and every feature, so you can add them as bullets under your featured screenshot.
5. Use catchy titles and phrases. They catch your viewer’s attention much more. Also, pay special attention to your graphics design on the website. A well-maintained dynamic website attracts more traffic.
6. Make sure you integrate an image gallery to your application that best highlights the features of your application.
7. Always provide direct download links to the pages, provide minimal advertisement on your pages as these are a nuisance to the users. The more the number of redirects, the more frustrated the user gets. That is why it is important that you give direct download links to your applications.
8. Add an update forum with the download page that gives information about new add-ons, plug-ins, features, news or any new developments regarding the application you developed for a new handset. Customers like more updated applications that can be run on any platform in a convenient and fast manner.
9. Always give reasons on the page as to why this application is a necessity for the customers.
Using these few tips, you can design a good traffic generating webpage for mobile application downloads.
eTraffic Applications offer user-friendly, intuitive, and engaging application development for smart phones- Windows 7, Blackberry, iOs, Android, and iPhone, to help your business scale to new heights of success.